BROADENING OF THE HORIZON AND MEANINGFUL OCCUPATION ABROAD?
INTERTEAM is a Swiss Organisation of Personnel Development Cooperation.
We place and support qualified professionals who will carry out development work in Africa or Latin America. Together with local partner organisations INTERTEAM fights for better living conditions and poverty alleviation. We offer you the opportunity to share your knowledge and put an unique milestone in your biography.
Senior Education Officer of ICT
Work quota 100%
Duration: 3 years
Start of work: according to the arrangement
The Ministry of Education, Arts and Culture, Namibia is a longstanding partner organisation of INTERTEAM and is committed to deliver an equitable and inclusive education for all children and adolescents.
As a part of the INTERTEAM Country Programme Namibia we contribute significantly to a better education for all. Our above mentioned partner organisation, more specifically the Zambezi Education Directorate, wants to improve the effective use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for lesson preparation as well as teaching and learning processes. This requires adequate capacity-building of the education personnel, especially the teachers. In this sense we are looking for a professional who is able to conduct the following tasks:
- Create awareness about the diverse learning possibilities concerning the application of ICT
- Plan, organize and carry out in-service teacher training workshops about the effective use of ICT to support and change the teaching and learning processes and in this way to improve teaching strategies, assessments, etc.
- Undertake individual and team school visits to do classroom observations and demonstration lessons
- Provide mentorship to the Senior Education Officer at the Regional Office
- Develop a mechanism for monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of Sector Policy on ICT
- Successfully completed university studies
- Min. 5 years of professional working experience
- Minimum age of 26 years
- Domicile in Switzerland
- Good physical and mental health
- High level of social and self-competence
- Intercultural sensitivity
- Interest in development policy and social conditions
- Willingness to an adapted life style
- Bachelor/Master degree in Education
- Experience as Teacher Advisor or Head of Department/Principal
- Knowledge and skills of the use of ICT in teaching and learning combined with excellent computer skills (e.g. International Computer Driving License)
- Experience in training of trainers, workshop facilitation, monitoring and evaluation of teachers’ work
- Very good knowledge of written and oral English
- Desired additional skills: Mentoring skills; strong leadership and subject management skills
- Unique chance to work abroad for a meaningful purpose
- Cultural exchange and expansion of personal horizon
- Enhancement of competences through intercultural learning
- Careful aptitude test and preparation for deployment
- Professional support during deployment
- Extensive service package (see website)
Before you apply for a job, please visit first one of our information meetings. These meetings take place regularly in Lucerne. You will gain information about our way of working, the conditions of the deployment, our service package and you will receive the questionnaire for your application. You will find the respective dates of the information meetings on our website.
Arbeitsort:Namibia, Katima Mulilo
Fachleute im Entwicklungseinsatz
Herr Andreas Furrer-Küttel