Detail zur Stellenanzeige:
Patton is an international company with headquarters in Gaithersburg/MD (USA) and Bern (Switzerland). We design and manufacture voice and data communication products. If you are inspired by technology, telecommunication and teamwork we have the right challenge for you.
Team Leader Software Engineering
Be part of building the future of telecommunications
What you can expect
You manage embedded software design and development for Patton Electronics entire line of communications and networking products. You set the technical direction of the software engineering group and establish the software architecture of new designs. You are responsible for the group’s efficient operation to ensure that the company’s goals in new and sustaining product development are met. You lead the members of the engineering group, are responsible for their development, and ensure that sound engineering and design principles are being applied.
You cooperate with Product Management in product definition and specification, identify and analyze requirements, select architectures and software components, and oversee or execute software design and development to meet specifications and timelines. You supervise or perform design and code reviews, design verification testing, product or software debugging and troubleshooting, and ensure that adequate design and product documentation is provided. You plan and manage the tasks of the software group following Agile principles and are responsible for software version control and release management.
- On time delivery of new products and features within the agreed budget and milestone planning
- Ensure delivery of regular software releases according to agile development principles
- Define, enforce and maintain the software development process and adjust to changing circumstances. Identify process shortcomings and implement improvements
- Plan for and report on expenses
- Establish and maintain software design concepts and guidelines
- Enforce implementation principles that guarantee high quality software and allow for efficient maintainability of software features, including appropriate documentation
- Lead the continuous evolution of software platforms, architecture and frameworks
- Lead software research activities and enable innovation
- Leads software development projects as required
- Software resource planning and task assignments in coordination with group leads
- Coach and support software project leaders in their duties
- Ensure a broad distribution of knowhow and facilitate regular information exchange among team members
- Conduct team meetings and organize face-to-face encounters between members from different locations as needed
- Continuously extend and maintain technical expertise of all team members with trainings and continuing education
- Keep the workplace and assigned tasks interesting to the individual to allow for personal and technical evolution of every software engineer
- Conduct performance reviews of reporting team members
- Authority for hiring and suspension of software staff including leadership of the hiring and selection process
- Negotiate requirements, interfaces and upgrades with 3rd party software suppliers
What we expect
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science and at least seven years relevant experience in software product development including Agile project and personnel management.
- Hands-on experience in development of embedded systems software based on Linux and Open Source components is mandatory.
- Familiarity with networking principles and routing protocols as well as voice and data communications is required.
- Routine use of version control systems, preferably Git, bug tracking and ticketing systems is to be demonstrated.
- The proven ability to plan and manage tasks and projects to completion, to work independently and handle multiple simultaneous projects is expected.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and exceptional leadership capabilities must be demonstrated.
- Fluency in English is required. German or French language skills are greatly appreciated.
- We favor candidates who are based in Switzerland. If you are not already living in Switzerland, please explain your plans in your cover letter.
What we offer
A small and flexible team of experienced software engineers will actively support you in your duties. Our extensive daily know-how exchange allows you and us to progress and learn quickly. Owing to our practice of agile software development methods you will be able to drive growth with ideas and execution. Our software is actively being used by hundreds of customers worldwide.
We have a flexible work environment, which lets all of us balance family and other interests, with work. We offer 24 days of vacation and another 12 paid holidays that can be shuffled around. Financial benefits include a bonus based on company performance.
Are you interested?
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application.
Arbeitsort:Niederwangen b. Bern
Patton-Inalp Networks AG
Head of R&D
Herr Patrick Ramer
3172 Niederwangen b. Bern