Nectar the leading wealth management technology company in Switzerland has set out to radically improve the market for professionally managed wealth. Nectar’s Mission is to accelerate the financial industry’s path to sustainable investment practices. Starting from a profitable business based on a client base of 30+ leaders in asset and wealth management we are running and continuously cutting edge technology platform to revolutionize a vast global business still stuck in pre-Internet age.
We make things happen, do what is right, not what is easy and think outside the box obsessively. Our people are everything, we treat each other with respect and compassion, embracing professional criticism openly at all levels. Bullshit and politics we leave to others!
If our Mission and Culture is your calling, we would like to hear from you.
Devops / Backend Engineer 100%
You will primarily be developing and maintaining our own intelligent tech platform that radically redefines the way how wealth management is being handled.
How we’d like you to help us
- Develop a modern RESTful web application using Spring and Angular in an Agile environment
- Develop various system components including user forms and backend services
- Connect with several external applications to present aggregated and filtered data to system users in a robust and concurrent fashion to prevent disruptions to end users
- Help jump start the transition from a monolithic backend application to a more modular microservice architecture
- Act as backup lead for the production support team, ensuring that system´s health is maintained and ticket backlogs are kept to minimum
- Design and develop a microservice based NodeJS and React web application for use as an off-the-shelf solution for clients
- Run on a scheduled monthly sprint cycle based on client’s evolving requirements
- Write automated test scripts using JUnit and Selenium to validate requirements are met
- Participate on Ul reviews to ensure client satisfaction and incorporated feedback into the system
- Write and edit system specification documents for several SOA services
- Design accompanying XML Schema Definition for the SOAP based interface by gathering and integrating needs of clients
- Redesign components in frameworks and eventually adopt an asynchronous model to increase consuming clients’ response times
What we expect you to have
University degree, Information Systems
Background & Personality
We are looking for an excellent analytical, client-focused Software Engineer experienced in Design and Development, delivering the highest standards when it comes to quality of code and implementation that would fit into our enthusiastic and ambitious development team. You will be working closely with our designers and product managers on building our new, unique product in order to make it responsive and beautiful. If you would like to work in a dynamic and challenging work environment that will allow you to develop your skills and learn something new every day, we would love to meet you.
We always welcome previous experience.
- You have back-end software development experience with node.JS.
- You have previous experience with React web application.
- You developed a modern RESTful web application using Spring and Angular.
- You have some knowledge of docker and docker cloud.
- You have a strong understanding of the value of code automation and code infrastructure.
- To have the whole package that we seek, you also have some understanding of finance.
- Previous startup experience in general is a great advantage.
What stands above anything else is work ethics and commitment to the job. We love Nectar and will look very carefully at who we let in and allow to give the beauty and soul to our product. Therefore, you need to:
- enjoy working
- be able to quickly understand who we are and what we want to achieve
- be eager to quickly pick up new technologies & skills and you stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends to support our growth
- have an eye for details
- be a good team player, self-motivated and able to work independently at the same time
- be able to take over responsibility from an early day on while experiencing a startup culture
Excellent written and verbal English
- Back-end SW development in Node.js and React
What you can expect
- To help build and shape breakthrough products from early on.
- To be a part of a team of inspiring individuals with global experience, amazing ideas and thirst for reaching higher goals.
- To have an essential role in building state of the art products for the world of finances.
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work also remotely.
- Compensation package complemented with the possibility to become a Nectar shareholder.
- Working internationally with our teams across the US East Coast, Switzerland and Slovakia.
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nectar Financial AG