Zurich Instruments is the technology leader for advanced test & measurement instruments for dynamic signal processing. Our products are used in many application fields by demanding researchers all over the world. Zurich Instruments’ vision is to revolutionize instrumentation by incorporating the latest analog and digital technology into powerful measurement systems for unprecedented functionality and performance.
For our Research and Development team in Zurich we are looking for a
FW Design Engineer
You are fascinated by measurement devices that provide 160dB signal-to-noise ratios and you have talent in contributing to a team all focused on getting things up and running? You want to develop the building blocks of tomorrow’s quantum computer? This is your chance of working inside a high-end R&D team striving for the best-on-market measurement hardware and software solutions.
In this position you will be responsible for
- Analysis of the requirements, architecture definition, design and debug of embedded firmware for measurement instruments.
- Developing source code targeting the different processors of the embedded systems, including Xilinx Zynq family of processors, Xilinx Microblaze software and the Cypress FX3.
- Performing effective analysis of functional issues or performance profiling with the firmware and hardware in test environments or target host systems.
- Contribute to process improvements to ensure firmware quality and time-to-market.
- Closely work within the R&D team with members from hardware, HDL and software.
Are you a result-oriented, intrinsically motivated person who loves to tackle challenges in a cooperative fashion? Do you feel inspired to work in a multicultural, high-tech environment?
- MSc in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Programming experience in C (C++ is a plus) for embedded systems, including development of algorithms, manipulation of data structures, and implementing highly optimized code.
- Knowledge of ARM or equivalent embedded microcontroller architectures.
- Experience with Linux running on embedded systems, including how to port Linux to a new hardware platform.
- Knowledge of VHDL and signal processing is a strong plus
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Bash, Python and others.
- Proficient in English, additional languages are a plus.
Zurich Instruments offers a diverse work environment with an open, sporty company culture where people develop and form the base of our joint success.
We are looking forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter at email@example.com.
Zurich Instruments AG
Frau Antoinette von Büren