We are fast-growing company looking for a Node.js developer to support us in developing both prototypes and production-ready software, mostly but not exclusively in the area of virtual assistants (Chatbots).
Important personality traits we rely on
- It is fun to work with you
- You can work on tight deadlines and communicate in advance if you can’t stay within the timeframe
- you help out where help is needed
- You enjoy learning
- You think systematically, empirically and critically
- You quickly grasp the essence of a problem and don’t hesitate to ask for advice in case you don’t
- You often wonder whether something couldn’t be done more effectively. And you come up with ways to implement those improvements
- You keep calm even in the most challenging situations
- You are a Computer Science student, or taught yourself to achieve an equivalent level
- You have knowledge of both relational and NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL and MongoDB)
- Experience in test-driven development a plus
- Knowledge of micro-service and REST API architectures a plus
What we offer
We offer a challenging and inspiring work environment with a great degree of freedom to pursue your own approach, as well as competitive compensation.
- Fair compensation with some additional perks
- The opportunity to help develop new technologies for rusty markets
- Work directly with our clients if you would like to
- Learn to handle both, the business AND tech side of problem-solving endeavours
- High degree of freedom to pursue your own problem-solving approach
- The possibility to develop your own ideas, provided there’s a business case
- The opportunity to open-source your work and contribute to relevant open-source projects
- The possibility to pursue a thesis project
How to apply
Please submit your resume along with links to your open-source projects (e.g. github account).
Email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org together with answers to the following questions:
- What JS frameworks have you used to date?
- What programming language have you always wanted to learn, but never had the time to?
- What was the most satisfying software project you worked on, and why?
Herr Dominic Wetzel