SwissRDL is a centre of excellence for Medical Registries and Data Linkage and part of the Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine (ISPM), University of Bern. We maintain, support, monitor and analyse medical registries in a range of disciplines relevant to medical research and public health.
SwissRDL, Medical Registries and Data Linkage group is looking for a
Senior Java Programmer and System Administrator (70-100%)
You will be part of a team of epidemiologists, biostatisticians, and software developers implementing, maintaining and supporting a range of medical registries. We develop and maintain our own software for medical registries and documentation. You will develop new features, manage our databases, maintain our middleware (Tomcat, Apache) and support users of our registries and IT-partners at the hospital. You will be closely working with the software developers and data managers and will collaborate with several partners in and outside Switzerland.
- Programming of new features in Java
- Management of database (Oracle, MySQL), SQL scripting
- Maintain middleware, Tomcat, Apache servers
- Support web services from hospitals and other external partners
- Support users and IT-specialists at hospitals
- Close collaboration with the IT-team of the institute
- Communication and collaboration with external partners and experts
- Higher education in IT, programming and/or system administration (MSc, BSc)
- Experience in Java programming
- Experience database management, SQL
- Profound knowledge of Linux and network infrastructures
- Excellent knowledge of German, native speakers preferred
- Knowledge in English and French are advantageous
- Ability to work independently and interact with interdisciplinary teams
The post is available starting from 1st of June 2018. Salary depends on qualification and experience.
If you are looking for an exciting position in a highly motivated interdisciplinary team with flexible working hours, please send your CV with motivation letter to Larisa Cárdenas, E-Mail: email@example.com.
For further information on the post, please contact Dr. Adrian Spörri, Head of SwissRDL, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Institut für Sozial – und Präventivmedizin
Frau Larisa Cardenas