Zurich Instruments is the technology leader for advanced test & measurement instruments for dynamic signal processing. Our products are used in many application fields by demanding researchers all over the world. Zurich Instruments’ vision is to revolutionize instrumentation by incorporating the latest analog and digital technology into powerful measurement systems for unprecedented functionality and performance.
For our Research and Development team in Zurich we are looking for an
Senior Software Engineer (Electrical Engineer PhD, Physicist PhD)
You are comfortable solving numerical problems in signal processing with the latest software tools. You are familiar with control theory and like to implement these algorithms on a state-of-the-art web-technology-based user interface. You are fascinated by measurement devices that provide 160dB signal-to-noise ratios and you have talent in contributing to a team all focused on getting things up and running. This is your chance of working inside a small high-quality R&D team striving for the best-on-market measurement software and hardware solutions.
In this position you will be responsible for
- Full design flow from concept work, specification, programming, verification and automatic test of dynamic signal processing
- Modeling of system performance and accuracy estimations in script languages like Matlab or Python
- Development and implementation of algorithms for high-performance API and web-based user interface for optimal user experience
- Documentation, test and regression test definition
Are you a result-oriented, intrinsically motivated person who loves to tackle challenges in a cooperative fashion? Do you feel inspired to work in a multicultural, high-tech environment?
- MSc or, preferred, PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of C++ (C++11, Boost)
- Exceptional mathematical and modeling skills
- Experience in digital signal processing and algorithm development
- In-depth knowledge of exception-safe, multi-threaded programming and design patterns
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python and Matlab
- Experience in API design and programming
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Proficient in English, additional languages are a plus
Zurich Instruments offers a diverse work environment with an open, sporty company culture where people develop and form the base of our joint success.
We are looking forward to receiving your resume and motivation letter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zurich Instruments AG
Frau Antoinette von Büren