Zurich Instruments is the technology leader for advanced test & measurement instruments for dynamic signal processing. Our products are used in many application fields by demanding researchers all over the world. Zurich Instruments’ vision is to revolutionize instrumentation by incorporating the latest analog and digital technology into powerful measurement systems for unprecedented functionality and performance.
For our Research and Development team in Zurich we are looking for a
Senior Software Engineer UI/UX and C++
You are an expert on UX for applications in research and science. You have experience in the presentation of measurement data on state-of-the-art, web-based user interfaces. You like to use latest web technology to achieve best user experience. You are fascinated by measurement devices that provide 160dB signal-to-noise ratios and you have talent in contributing to a team all focused on getting things up and running. This is your chance for working inside a small high-quality R&D team striving for the best-on-market measurement software and hardware solutions.
In this position you will be responsible for
- The UX of our instruments both on the conceptual side and on the implementation side together with peers in the team
- Taking the lead in UX topics across the Development and Marketing & Sales Teams
- Implementation of UI controls to achieve efficient and concise user experience
- Responsibility for the full design flow from concept work, specification, programming, verification, and debugging
- Analysis of rendering performance and layout issues on web browsers
- User interface testing framework to enforce high quality standards
To make these endeavors successful, we are looking for a key person that brings
- Proficiency in user-driven design processes with a strong focus on best user experience
- In-depth knowledge in web server programming and web front-end software (JS, JQuery, JSON, HTML5, LESS, websocket)
- Excellent knowledge in C++ (C++11, Boost) on Windows and Linux platforms is a must
- Experience in digital signal processing and algorithm development
- Experience with continuous delivery oriented frameworks (Jenkins, Maven, SVN, git)
- In-depth knowledge in exception safe multi-threaded programming and modern design patterns
- Familiar with scripting languages (Python, Selenium)
- Experience with socket programming (boost::asio) and TCP/IP network protocols is a plus
Are you a result oriented, self-driven and intrinsically motivated person who loves to tackle challenges in a cooperative fashion? Do you feel inspired to work within a multicultural, high-tech environment? Zurich Instruments offers a diverse work environment with an open, sporty company culture where people develop and form the base of our success.
We are looking forward receiving resume and motivation letter at email@example.com.
Zurich Instruments AG
Frau Antoinette von Büren